Lacks plate 40.
Stamped in gold on cloth cover: The first class or council medal was awarded to Elkington, Mason, & Co., the patentees, for their productions at the Great Exhibition 1851.
A Sydney branch of Elkington & Co. (Ltd) was opened at 384 George Street in 1886.
Dated from frontispiece halftone lithograph of the Wellington Shield: "Commemorative of his Grace, the late Duke of Wellington, a beautiful specimen of Electro-Metallurgy ...".
Full text available online at Internet Archive