Provenance: Ownership signature on back flyleaf: Elizabeth Throsby / May 1853.
Partial signature on back paste-down and underneath is written, in pencil: Mrs Throsby, Throsby Cottage. [Elizabeth Broughton married Charles Throsby Jnr. at St. Luke's Church, Liverpool, on 28th August 1824. She moved out of the main house and into the Cottage at Throsby Park upon the death of her husband in 1854 and lived there until her own death in 1891.]
Binder's label front paste-down: Watkins / Binder.