Full Record

Designs for parsonage houses, alms houses, etc. etc. with examples of gables, and other curious remains of old English architecture / by T. F. Hunt, Architect. [Variant title: Hunt's designs for parsonage houses, alms houses &c.]
Record number:
Call No:
RBQ 726.942 HUN
Author/s:
Subject:
Notes:
Provenance: Second copy Caroline Simpson Collection.
Contains the bookplate of William Thomson.
Provenance: Third copy has the stamp of 'Architects & Civil Engineers / Wright, Reed & Beaver / 125 Queen St., Melb. & AT ADELAIDE' on the page following the title page. The architectural partnership of Edmund William Wright, James Henry Reed and Isidor George Beaver was established in Adelaide in March 1886. The company opened a branch office in Melbourne in June 1890 under the direction of Isidor Beaver. Beaver left the partnership around 1893, initially establishing an office in Queen Street, Melbourne. He announced in the press in October 1894 that he had moved to 243 Collins Street. Around 1915 Beaver went into partnership with Arthur William Purnell, the firm styled Beaver & Purnell, architects.
The partnership dissolved around 1924, Purnell working on his own account until 1935 when he took Phillip Foster Pearce into partnership, under the name Arthur W Purnell & Pearce.
This copy was donated to the CSL&RC in September 2020 by architectural historian Robert Irving who started work in the architectural office of Arthur W. Purnell and Pearce in 1940, remaining with the firm for 6 years during which time when he enrolled in the architecture course at Melbourne Technical College.
Year:
1841
Publication details:
London : Henry G. Bohn
Description:
34 pages, [21] leaves of plates : illustrations, plans ; 31 cm.
Type:
monograph
Thumbnail/s:
Item availability
{ 3 } items found
Result
Links
Year
Volume
Part
Status
Location
CallNo
Due Back
Not for loan
The Mint
RBQ 726.942 HUN
Not for loan
The Mint
RBQ 726.942 HUN
Not for loan
The Mint
RBQ 726.942 HUN
Similar Items