132 William Street is the remnant of a once larger terrace of four two-storey brick & stone commercial premises. The terrace was built ca. 1874/5 for one Arthur William Little on part of Block C of the 1840s subdivision of the Riley Estate.
It is a
raremid-Victorian survivor in William Street. Comparable buildings on the southern side of the street between Yurong Street and Darlinghurst Road were all resumed by Sydney City Council in 1916 and demolished for road widening. Later twentieth century roadworks, including most recently the construction of the Eastern Suburbs Distributor, have resulted in the piecemeal loss of most of the nineteenth century buildings on the north side of William Street.