Courtyard garden in the Old Mint [Macquarie Street, Sydney], around 1935 / Thomas J. Lawlor
1 photoprint : monotone ; 15 x 19 cm.
Inscribed on verso in pencil in Lawlor's hand: Garden, The Sydney Mint. Stamped on verso: Thos. J. Lawlor, Photo / 99 Adelaide Parade / FW 4819 Woollahra.
A photograph of the eastern elevation of the Macquarie Street building of the Sydney Mint and part of the courtyard. The Mint had ceased operations in December 1926 and the buildings were being used as temporary accommodation for government departments when this photograph was taken. This part of the building had been the Deputy Mint Master's residence - both the balcony and garden were created in 1890s. The circular garden bed contained a small fountain and pond.