Full Record

Courtyard garden in the former Sydney Branch of the Royal Mint : Macquarie Street, Sydney / Thomas J. Lawlor
Click on image to enlarge
Request a copy
 
Title:
Courtyard garden in the Old Mint [Macquarie Street, Sydney] / Thomas J. Lawlor
Creator:
Date:
[c1933]
Format:
1 photoprint : b&w ; 19.5 x 15.5 cm.
Inscription:
One of 6 photographs of the former Sydney Mint included in an album labelled : 'Burdekin House / Elizabeth Bay House / The Mint. Old Sydney / 1933-35'. This photograph captioned under the image: "The Patios and Fountain The Old Mint Afternoon".
Subject:
Description:
A photograph of the eastern elevation of the Macquarie Street building of the Sydney Mint and part of the courtyard. The Mint had ceased operations in December 1926 and the buildings were being used as temporary accommodation for government departments when this photograph was taken. This part of the building had been the Deputy Mint Master's residence - both the balcony and garden were created in 1890s. The circular garden bed contained a small fountain and pond.
Published in:
Insites no.32 Spring 2002 pp.4-5: "Tattered treasures" (no image)
Source:
Caroline Simpson Library & Research Collection ; photograph album: Thomas J. Lawlor
Material Type:
Picture
Record number:
32658