Architectural elevation of nos.12 and 14 Macquarie Street, Windsor NSW, 1 June 1950 / Phil Mulray
1 drawing : ink & watercolour ; 27 x 38 cm.
Signed in ink on lower right: P. Mulray '50 and inscribed in pencil on verso: Nos.12 & 14 Macquarie St / 1.6.50 Windsor / P. Mulray Arch III.
The drawing was made by third year architecture student Phil Mulray during a week-long field trip to Windsor in the winter of 1950, in company with three fellow University of Sydney architecture students: Geoff Twibill, Leon Deller and Barry Davis. They based themselves at a pub in Windsor and travelled around the district on pushbikes. The picture was as part of an assignment for the free-hand drawing course taught by Lloyd Rees.
Phil remembers that no.12 was a brick-built house while no. 14 was of salmon sandstock brick, with timber Doric columns, a corrugated iron roof and swallows nests under the eaves. When he revisited the site in 1963 both buildings had been demolished.
Gift of Philip & Yvonne Mulray, February 2008.
Caroline Simpson Library & Research Collection ; CSL&RC PIC: Box D