Built in 1853 by David Jones, and occupied by John Brown senior, partner of Brown & Co., wine and spirit merchants and afterwards by Henry Moore. "Barncleuth" was bought from David Jones by Robert Amos who changed the name to "Kinneil". Amos made extensive alterations to the house in 1891. He and his brother Alec were the contractors who built the Sydney-Albury railway line, but unfortunately they entered into costly litigation with the result that Robert Amos was forced to sell "Kinneil" and move into a smaller house in Victoria Street. "Kinneil", a large Italianate mansion with extensive grounds, survived for some years as a restaurant and guest house. "Kinneil" was demolished by developer Hong Kong Properties Pty Ltd in 1972 to build a 40-storey international hotel but it exceeded height limits and was rejected by Council. The site is now Lawrence Hargreave Reserve.