Photonegatives of buildings considered by the Historical Buildings Committee of the NSW chapter of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects (RAIA) to be buildings of architectural and historic value. An initial list of buildings was drawn up by the
Committee in 1949 soon after its formation. The list covered churches, houses, streets, hospitals, barracks, university buildings, bridges, courthouses, convents and forts, all within the geographical scope of the County of Cumberland. Over the next few years the committee reviewed buildings on the list, assessing architectural merit, historic significance and state of preservation.
The February 1952 Chapter Bulletin of the NSW RAIA reported that the chapter had been enrolled as a corresponding member of the Georgian Group, an English organisation established to awaken public appreciation of Georgian architecture and town planning. RAIA (NSW) chapter members were invited to 'donate prints of photographic and architectural merit' to be sent to London. Wollaston's photographs may have been taken for this purpose. [MM, April 2020]